

On Sunday, April 19th, the Grand Cities Children's' Choir held their Spring Concert. Nathan sings in one of the choirs. I am amazed at how well the GCCC takes these little kids and turns them into a singing unit. I remember my father telling me how many really bad concerts he went to when I was in just starting out in band (he waited until I was older and in bands that sounded good before telling me this...otherwise I may have become too discouraged to continue...). The kids of the GCCC sing really, really well.
On Satuday the 18th Nathan had a dress rehearsal. I told Hannah and Tyler that after I dropped Nathan off at the rehearsal I would come back and pick them up so we could go to the library. They love books and movies and the GF library has a great selection of each in the children's' department. The children's department has one other feature: a sailing ship. Back in 1999, one of the librarians kids was in Boy Scouts. For his Eagle Award service project he built this sailing ship against the wall: The HMS Eagle. The wall has been painted with a water scene and pictures of mermaid, Nemo, etc. The kids love playing on this ship.
The pictures above show what the two little ones looked like when I got back from the rehearsal to pick up them up.
Yes, I went to the library...a public place...with pirates!
Terri, one of the wonderful librarians, asked me if I minded if she took a couple pictures of the kids. I sighed and said “go ahead.”
A while later, when we went downstairs to check out our books, I ran into Terri again. She leaned over and asked if I minded if they used the pictures of the kids in the monthly newsletter...
“O.K.,” I sighed. “Just save me a copy...”
On Satuday the 18th Nathan had a dress rehearsal. I told Hannah and Tyler that after I dropped Nathan off at the rehearsal I would come back and pick them up so we could go to the library. They love books and movies and the GF library has a great selection of each in the children's' department. The children's department has one other feature: a sailing ship. Back in 1999, one of the librarians kids was in Boy Scouts. For his Eagle Award service project he built this sailing ship against the wall: The HMS Eagle. The wall has been painted with a water scene and pictures of mermaid, Nemo, etc. The kids love playing on this ship.
The pictures above show what the two little ones looked like when I got back from the rehearsal to pick up them up.
Yes, I went to the library...a public place...with pirates!
Terri, one of the wonderful librarians, asked me if I minded if she took a couple pictures of the kids. I sighed and said “go ahead.”
A while later, when we went downstairs to check out our books, I ran into Terri again. She leaned over and asked if I minded if they used the pictures of the kids in the monthly newsletter...
“O.K.,” I sighed. “Just save me a copy...”
No comments:
Post a Comment